We are a large school divided into four communities. Year 7 through to Year 10 are divided into three communities called Aquila, Orion and Phoenix. The fourth community, Archer, combines our Year 11 students and our thriving Sixth Form. Each community is led by a team of staff who will ensure that your child is supported both academically and pastorally. If you wish to contact a member of staff from the community please visit the Parent/Contact page.
Pupils are encouraged to be ready to learn and our School Message, Classroom Code and Site Code are designed to foster respect and hard work.
We also have specialist units at the school, one for deaf students and one for students with developmental language delay. A place in either unit is governed by the local authority and pupils must have a statement of special educational need.
- I care about my school and realise that I have a part to play in making it a successful and happy place to be.
- I will have high expectations of myself and try my best to improve, both in and out of the classroom, so that I can reach my full potential.
- I understand that I need to treat everybody in the school with care and consideration, and realise that nothing I do or say should make other people unhappy.
- I will celebrate mine and my peers’ achievements; but, if I make a mistake, I will be honest, accept advice and do anything in my power to put things right.
- I must remember that my actions outside of the school, good or bad, will reflect on the whole of the school community.
Remember: Our school concentrates on success and achievement.
SCC Site Code
- Be careful and remain calm as you move around the school.
- Show consideration to others by speaking politely and acting thoughtfully.
- Care about your school by being clean and tidy.
- Look after the buildings and respect the property of other people.
- Remember that everyone has the right to feel safe and that anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.
SCC Classroom Code
- Be on time, equipped and ready to learn.
- Follow your teacher's instructions.
- Be positive and purposeful about your learning.
- Always try your best.
- Remember that everyone has the right to learn in this classroom.