We are delighted to announce Sittingbourne Community College has achieved a ‘Good’ judgement from the December 2013 Ofsted inspection under the new school inspection framework. Here are some extracts:
- The headteacher has implemented new policies and procedures. This is substantially improving the quality of teaching and so raising students’ achievement.
- The quality of teaching is at least good and continuing to improve, with many examples of outstanding practice.
- Students achieve well and the progress of different groups of learners is improving rapidly.
- Students’ behave well in lessons and around school. Students are courteous to adults, welcoming to visitors and respectful of one another.
You can find the full new Sittingbourne Community College Ofsted Report 2013-14 here.
Welcome to The Sittingbourne Community College
Welcome to The Sittingbourne Community College. Everything that we do is centred around student success, maximising potential and raising aspirations to enable them to have the skills needed for adulthood. We provide our students with a range of experiences and opportunities, and with hard working and dedicated staff, we can provide an excellent place in which to learn.
We are proud of what the College has achieved so far and are determined to see further success in the future.
The Sittingbourne Community College takes seriously the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils and staff.
Our aim is to create an ethos in which pupils, staff, parents and carers feel confident to talk openly in the knowledge that they will be listened to. We are committed to providing an environment in which all members of the school community feel safe, secure, valued and respected.
Click here for the full document
Term date changes
Please be aware of the following changes in term dates for 2014
Term 1 2014 will start on Wednesday 27 August 2014 (Staff Development Day)
Students return on Thursday 28th August 2014
End of Term 1 2014 will be Friday 17 October 2014
Half term will be Monday 20 October 2014 – Friday 31 October 2014 (2 weeks)
Term 2 starts on Monday 3 November 2014
From November onwards term dates will be the same as KCC published term dates for the 2014/2015 academic year.
Staff Training Days
The following days the school will be closed for students due to staff training.
Wednesday 26th March 2014
Tuesday 1st July 2014
Wednesday 23rd July 2014
School Direct Information Evening
Interested in a career in teaching? We are holding an information evening for School Direct Teacher Training within Swale Academies Trust on Monday 24 February 2014 at Westlands School, Westlands Avenue, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 1PF. Drop in between 5.00 - 7.30 pm, to meet Trust representatives and current trainees.
Please visit our website for further details www.swaleacademiestrust.org.uk
For preliminary enquiries you are welcome to email: email@example.com
School Direct applications can only be made through UCAS Teacher Training, www.ucas.com/teacher-training
Parent View gives you the chance to tell us what you think about the college.
Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of the college, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour.
By sharing your views, you'll be helping the college to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said. Or, if you want to, view the results for any school in England. Performance charts are also available on the Department for Education website.
- SCC Examination timetable & information for summer 2014: t.co/Qdz81r5trN Wed Apr 23 12:21:58 +0000 2014
- SCC Yr 8 option evening for parents and students takes place Tue 29/4 (5-7pm). Please see your letter for details of timings for the talks Tue Apr 22 12:39:03 +0000 2014
- Intervention sessions for Yr 11 are on at SCC throughout the #EasterBreak – we look forward to seeing as many students as possible Mon Apr 07 11:09:43 +0000 2014
- SCC would like to wish students and parents an enjoyable #EasterBreak. School starts at 8.35am on Tuesday 22/4 Mon Apr 07 11:09:12 +0000 2014
- SCC Yr 10 students have a Science #MockExam on Thur 24/4 at 9am. Please #Encourage students to be as well #Prepared for this as possible. Wed Apr 02 13:56:49 +0000 2014
- Come and see the SCC Hairdressing showcase: 5.30pm 3rd April in the Community Theatre. The themes are #SpecialOccasions and #Fantasy Mon Mar 31 10:55:19 +0000 2014
- SCC Reminder to Yr 9 students – options forms must be returned by Mon 31/3 to library or Miss Bridges’ office Fri Mar 28 08:50:03 +0000 2014
- 1)Reminder that SCC’s yr 9 options evening is 25/3 starting from 5pm - talk at 6pm Mon Mar 24 08:46:30 +0000 2014
- Reminder that it is a staff training day for SCC on Wed 26th March Mon Mar 24 08:46:12 +0000 2014
- Parents’ Forum is Tues 18th March – 6.30pm in the Conference Room Fri Mar 14 13:24:55 +0000 2014
- Year 9 Parents’ evening is Wed 19th March – 3.45-6.45pm Fri Mar 14 13:24:44 +0000 2014
- Tues 25/3 #Options Evening for all year 9 students and parents 5-7pm. Meet depts. throughout the evening, and listen to the talk at 6pm. Thu Mar 06 11:20:42 +0000 2014
- Parents of SCC yr 11 students are invited to a coffee evening on 6th March at 6pm to discuss supporting students in the build-up to exams Tue Mar 04 09:02:34 +0000 2014
- All year 10 students must return their immunisation forms by Mon 3rd March, even if their child is not having the vaccination. Fri Feb 28 08:37:15 +0000 2014
- #CHANGEOFDATE – SCC #StaffTrainingDay has changed from Fri 14th March to Wed 26th March – apologies for any inconvenience caused. Fri Feb 14 10:39:48 +0000 2014
- Reminder that there will be AS and A2 mock exams starting straight after half term – students should be using next week to prepare. Fri Feb 14 10:39:15 +0000 2014
- If you left Post 16 after 2013 and haven’t received your certificates can you please contact the school. firstname.lastname@example.org Fri Feb 14 08:56:40 +0000 2014
- Reminder that SCC have a non uniform day on Friday 14th Feb. Students are encouraged to wear red and make a voluntary contribution of £1 Thu Feb 13 12:03:50 +0000 2014
- Reminder that it is SCC’s year 8 Parents’ Evening tonight, we hope to see as many parents as possible. Thu Feb 13 08:38:24 +0000 2014
- Fri 14th Feb is a non uniform day at SCC – students are encouraged to wear red and bring a £1 donation. Wed Feb 12 08:28:01 +0000 2014