We are delighted to announce Sittingbourne Community College has achieved a ‘Good’ judgement from the December 2013 Ofsted inspection under the new school inspection framework. Here are some extracts:
- The headteacher has implemented new policies and procedures. This is substantially improving the quality of teaching and so raising students’ achievement.
- The quality of teaching is at least good and continuing to improve, with many examples of outstanding practice.
- Students achieve well and the progress of different groups of learners is improving rapidly.
- Students’ behave well in lessons and around school. Students are courteous to adults, welcoming to visitors and respectful of one another.
You can find the full new Sittingbourne Community College Ofsted Report 2013-14 here.
Welcome to The Sittingbourne Community College
Welcome to The Sittingbourne Community College. Everything that we do is centred around student success, maximising potential and raising aspirations to enable them to have the skills needed for adulthood. We provide our students with a range of experiences and opportunities, and with hard working and dedicated staff, we can provide an excellent place in which to learn.
We are proud of what the College has achieved so far and are determined to see further success in the future.
The Sittingbourne Community College takes seriously the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils and staff.
Our aim is to create an ethos in which pupils, staff, parents and carers feel confident to talk openly in the knowledge that they will be listened to. We are committed to providing an environment in which all members of the school community feel safe, secure, valued and respected.
Click here for the full document
Term Dates 2014-15
Please be aware of the following changes in term dates for 2014
Term 1 2014 will start on Wednesday 27 August 2014 (Staff Development Day)
Thursday 28th August 2014 - Staff Development Day
Friday 29th August 2014 - All Year 7's and Post 16's ONLY.
Monday 1st September 2014 - All students in.
End of Term 1 2014 will be Friday 17 October 2014
Half term will be Monday 20 October 2014 – Friday 31 October 2014 (2 weeks)
Term 2 starts on Monday 3 November 2014
End Of Term Arrangements
Tues 22nd July is the last day of term for SCC students. They will finish at 12.30pm. Click here for the full letter.
Staff Training Days
The following days the school will be closed for students due to staff training.
Wednesday 26th March 2014
Tuesday 1st July 2014
Wednesday 23rd July 2014
Are you about to take the next step to University?
This website is a resource packed site that will give you lots of information before you make your next move.
There are many useful links for you to explore before you embark on your big adventure.
Click here to visit
Parent View gives you the chance to tell us what you think about the college.
Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of the college, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour.
By sharing your views, you'll be helping the college to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said. Or, if you want to, view the results for any school in England. Performance charts are also available on the Department for Education website.
School Direct Information Evening
Interested in a career in teaching? We are holding an information evening for School Direct Teacher Training within Swale Academies Trust on Monday 24 February 2014 at Westlands School, Westlands Avenue, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 1PF. Drop in between 5.00 - 7.30 pm, to meet Trust representatives and current trainees.
Please visit our website for further details www.swaleacademiestrust.org.uk
For preliminary enquiries you are welcome to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Direct applications can only be made through UCAS Teacher Training, www.ucas.com/teacher-training
- Tues 22nd July is the last day of term for SCC students. They will finish at 12.30pm. The bus companies have also been informed. Tue Jul 15 09:48:09 +0000 2014
- Due to strike action on 10/7 SCC will only be open to students in new yr 8+9, and Post 16. New yr 10 and 11 students should remain at home. Tue Jul 08 12:09:35 +0000 2014
- Pupils art, photography and textiles GCSE and BTEC work presentation evening. Wednesday 25th June 2014. Doors open 3:00pm-6.30 pm. Mon Jun 23 13:29:16 +0000 2014
- The final HPV vaccination for Year 8 girls will take place on Monday 16th June Fri Jun 13 07:39:46 +0000 2014
- Well done to pupils for completing their 10 mile trek on Sunday in preparation for World Challenge 10/8/14 to 23/8/14 Wed Jun 11 09:48:50 +0000 2014
- Years 7, 8 and 9 have end of year science exams on Wednesday 25th June 2014 Wed Jun 11 09:48:01 +0000 2014
- The date of the next SCC Parents’ Forum meeting has changed to Tues 8th July at 6.30pm in the B Block Conference room. Wed Jun 11 09:47:39 +0000 2014
- Year 10 science GCSE controlled assessments will take place on Thursday 12th June 2014 10.40 am to 12.20 pm Tue Jun 10 10:57:38 +0000 2014
- Yr 10 vaccination forms will be sent home with students on Fri 6th June. These need to be signed and returned by Wed 11th June. Thu Jun 05 12:20:52 +0000 2014
- The next SCC Parents’ Forum meeting is Tues 13th May 6.30-7.30pm in the Conference Room Fri May 09 08:37:47 +0000 2014
- SCC Yr 7 Parents’ Evening is 1/5 from 3.45 until 7pm. We are looking forward to seeing all yr 7 students and their parents. Fri Apr 25 12:38:18 +0000 2014
- SCC Yr 8 Options evening is 29/4 from 5-7pm. We hope to see all yr 8 students and their parents. Fri Apr 25 12:38:05 +0000 2014
- SCC Examination timetable & information for summer 2014: t.co/Qdz81r5trN Wed Apr 23 12:21:58 +0000 2014
- SCC Yr 8 option evening for parents and students takes place Tue 29/4 (5-7pm). Please see your letter for details of timings for the talks Tue Apr 22 12:39:03 +0000 2014
- Intervention sessions for Yr 11 are on at SCC throughout the #EasterBreak – we look forward to seeing as many students as possible Mon Apr 07 11:09:43 +0000 2014
- SCC would like to wish students and parents an enjoyable #EasterBreak. School starts at 8.35am on Tuesday 22/4 Mon Apr 07 11:09:12 +0000 2014
- SCC Yr 10 students have a Science #MockExam on Thur 24/4 at 9am. Please #Encourage students to be as well #Prepared for this as possible. Wed Apr 02 13:56:49 +0000 2014
- Come and see the SCC Hairdressing showcase: 5.30pm 3rd April in the Community Theatre. The themes are #SpecialOccasions and #Fantasy Mon Mar 31 10:55:19 +0000 2014
- SCC Reminder to Yr 9 students – options forms must be returned by Mon 31/3 to library or Miss Bridges’ office Fri Mar 28 08:50:03 +0000 2014
- 1)Reminder that SCC’s yr 9 options evening is 25/3 starting from 5pm - talk at 6pm Mon Mar 24 08:46:30 +0000 2014